HomeSight is a Chartered Member of NeighborWorks America, a HUD certified housing counseling agency, the first non-profit state licensed mortgage lender under the Federal SAFE Act and is U.S. Department of Treasury Certified Community Development Financial Institution.
For more than 24 years, our highly trained staff has worked with families like yours, helping to create more than 1,900 home owners. Our programs help fulfill our mission of “building strong, vibrant communities through homeownership, economic development, and neighborhood revitalization.” HomeSight has services available to assist current and potential homeowners – whatever the situation!
HomeSight believes homeownership is one of the best investments you can make in your future. Owning your home gives you the freedom to create a living environment that suits you. It provides stability and a sense of place. And ownership allows you to build equity and financial security over time for you and your family. But we know that buying your first home can be challenging. That’s why we’re committed to creating affordable homeownership opportunities for first-time buyers.
The HomeSight NeighborWorks® Homeownership Center is a one-stop shop that provides residents in Seattle, Tacoma, South King and Snohomish Counties with access to a wide range of services that help prospective homebuyers attain homeownership and help current homeowners facing challenges preserve their investment.
The HomeSight NeighborWorks® Homeownership Center provides the following services:
• Homebuyer pre-purchase one-on-one counseling to develop custom action plans for First Time Homebuyers.
• Lending services including first mortgages and down payment assistance second mortgages.
• Foreclosure prevention counseling and other post-purchase services.
• Housing development and construction services to create affordable homeownership opportunities.
• Referrals to realtors, appraisers, real estate attorneys, lenders, and other providers of homeownership-related services.
• Support resident and local business efforts to invigorate and stabilize neighborhoods and communities we serve.
HomeSight is a non-profit Community Development Corporation that wants to help make homeownership a reality for you! We offer first-time homebuyer education, financial counseling, purchase assistance, default mitigation, new home development, and 1st mortgage originations.
HomeSight serves homebuyers in the Puget Sound region through three key activities: