NeighborWorks of Grays Harbor County is a non-profit Community Development Corporation and HUD approved housing counselor that wants to help make homeownership a reality for you! We offer first-time homebuyer education, financial counseling, purchase assistance, default mitigation, and limited 1st mortgage opportunities on properties we own.
NeighborWorks of Grays Harbor County is a Chartered Member of NeighborWorks America since 1981 and a HUD certified housing counseling agency.
For more than 33 years, our highly trained staff has worked with families like yours, helping to create first-time home owners, helping existing homeowners repair and rebuild their owner occupied homes, helping those with housing counseling needs to solve problems and offering construction management oversight services wherever needed. Our programs help fulfill our mission of “developing partnerships in the community between residents, businesses, and government to create safe affordable housing opportunities.”
NeighborWorks of Grays Harbor County believes homeownership can be a positive investment in your future and your community. Ownership gives you more choices about how and where you want to live and provides stability that builds connection to the community and wealth over time. The processes involved in buying your first home can be very time consuming and challenging. We are committed to creating and supporting affordable homeownership opportunities for first-time buyers through home buyer education and no-cost HUD approved housing counseling.
The NeighborWorks of Grays Harbor County provides the following services:
• Comprehensive pre-purchase homebuyer education classes.
• Homebuyer pre-purchase one-on-one counseling to develop custom action plans for First Time Homebuyers.
• Foreclosure prevention counseling and other post-purchase services.
• Home rescue/refinance loans to help prevent or stop foreclosure.
• Housing rehab loans and construction management services at affordable rates.
• Lending services (limited to our properties-first mortgages and down payment assistance second mortgages with community lenders and USDA).
• Referrals to community lender partners, home inspectors, realtors, appraisers and others that provide community-minded, sensible homeownership-related services.
• Support community non-profits and local business efforts to invigorate and stabilize the Grays Harbor communities we serve.
NeighborWorks of Grays Harbor County provides residents in Grays Harbor County with access to a comprehensive range of services that can help prospective homebuyers attain homeownership, help current homeowners not only with rehab loans, but also with the construction management oversight. We can also help homeowners facing mortgage default to preserve their investment.
NeighborWorks of Grays Harbor County serves homebuyers in Grays Harbor County through key activities:
• Home-buyer education (eHome)
• Down payment assistance (available basis)
• 100% financing on home we own and sell
• Rehab loans
We are in print!
Get home maintenance tips, and all things housing from our 16 year old column, “Nailing it Down”, in the Saturday issue of The Daily World and online.